John L. Calcagni pursued a career in criminal justice to make his community a better place. In keeping with that tradition, we are pleased to announce the Calcagni Law Annual Scholarship. The cost of higher education has skyrocketed, and many people simply can’t afford the amount of schooling required to become a lawyer. Therefore, we have decided to help ease the burden of higher education. This $1,000 scholarship is available to high school seniors and students currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a career in the criminal justice field.
To qualify, you must submit a 500-1,000 word essay on one of the topics we provide. The scholarship will be awarded to the student with the most original and well-written essay.
- This scholarship is available to all high school seniors and any students that are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university that intend to pursue a career in the criminal justice field.
- All applicants should have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Applicants must prove with an unofficial transcript their GPA and enrollment or acceptance to an accredited school.
- Lastly, each applicant must write a 500-1000 word essay based on one of the following topics.
Please select one of the following topics about which to write a 500-1,000 word essay.
- What is the biggest issue that the criminal justice system is currently facing? How would you fix the issue?
- Is legalizing marijuana doing more harm or good?
- Write about the most trying time in your life. How did that time shape you as a person?
The essay that is the most original and well-written will receive the scholarship.
Submitting Your Information
Please submit your essay and an unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review all of the applicant’s essays and inform the recipient of the scholarship by email.